Thursday, October 9, 2008

October Rambling...

Can you believe it is October already?
We are quite busy this month. We are going to be attending a Pumpkin patch with the Potato group this weekend and letting the kids pick out their pumpkins. I know that they will be very excited. We are going to Bottomview Farms in Portland, TN. We went last year and really enjoyed it.
The kids all have their Halloween costumes. It was such a hard decision this year for Logan. He really could not decide what to be but finally decided on Spiderman. The twins are going to be Superman and Katie will be a Dalmatian puppy (how cute is that?) We will be attending our church's light up the night event followed with trick or treating in mom's neighborhood.
I have been working really hard on trying to find ways to live frugally, frugal Christmas ideas, working on what recipes I will be trying for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and finishing up my Fall To Do List. I have decided to make 16-18 different desserts for our family Thanksgiving celebration. I did have thirty but thought I would spare everyone gaining 10 pounds at Thanksgiving. So just go ahead and give me a Betty Crocker crown (and the money that goes along with that name would be fine as well!)
Mace and I are finishing up the new plans for the house addition which will hopefully get started in the late spring of next year bearing that we do not have any other set backs or changes in our household!
The kids are doing just fine and growing like little weeds. Katie has her nine month check up at the end of the month. Can you believe it...nine months????
Mace is loving his new job at the VA Department.
I have been busy busy with daycare, house work, chores, and the many extra projects that I have going on right now. We have been paying close attention to all the presidential debates and presidential election coverage. I urge everyone to please pray about this upcoming election and the "new" president whomever that may be. This country needs a strong leader, a Christian leader, and a wise leader.
It had been a while since my last post and I wanted to update everyone on the happenings in the Salinas Home. I will update the blog again soon with pictures from Logan's 5th birthday and the Pumpkin Patch event. Take care and enjoy the nice Fall weather!

No comments: