Friday, June 27, 2008

Frugal Living Mission

Over the course of the last month or two, I have been on a mission to find more frugal ways of living. I am researching all kinds of ways to save money in the various aspects of the home especially since the price of everything seems to be skyrocketing these days. I have found a wonderful website called the grocerygame.com. It is a website that you receive a weekly grocery list that has the sale price items along with which coupon to use so that you save the most money! It is wonderful. I have saved so much money in the last two months. I have also found other websites that teaches you how to save money at the store as well as at home. I have to admit I have become a little obsessed with the "game" of saving of money. I actually look forward to going to the store to see how much money I can save. It is fun for me. In my attempt to save as much money as I possibly can while not wasting anything that comes into this house I have learned a timeless skill...how to make homemade jam! I am addicted now! I never knew that I could actually create and make jam that tastes as wonderful as this (not to be bragging but it really turned out good!). After you have homemade jam, you will not go back to store bought jam/jellies. Mace and I have two fruit trees in the back yard...one peach and one plum. All of the jam I have made so far as been plum since we seem to be having an abundance of plums! I have attached a picture of my homemade jam because I am so proud of it and so proud of myself for learning this skill.