Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where has the Summer Gone????

Does anyone else feel like summer flew by?
Did I even blink once during summer?
We have been so busy this summer. I think that the busyness will only increase as the children get older. I have got a ton of pictures that I need to upload to the site. I promise I will before the month's end.
Luke and Tanner are now officially two! We celebrated their birthdays on Aug 8 at Kids Kingdom Park in Hendersonville with family. It was a wonderful time and they enjoyed their "Cars" themed birthday. I promise pictures to the site are in the near future.
Katie is now approaching seven months (8/23). Can you believe it?
Mace and I will be celebrating 11, thats right I said 11, years of marriage on the 30th of the month!!! It seems like only yesterday we begun our lives together. So much has happened in 11 years! WHEW!!! It blows my mind to think about where all we have been, what we have gotten accomplished and we have just begun. I am excited to see what the next 11 years holds for us and our family.
Logan has also started Preschool. He goes two days a week and is loving it. I have pictures of this event too which I promise to upload to the site. He did so well and really gets excited about going which is a huge comfort to me since he has only been with me since he was born. I have been the teacher and the mom and basically everything to him so I really think that him gaining some independence and becoming "de-mommified" is very important before he starts school in the fall. I do a preschool curriculum with my daycare so I know that he is prepared educationally for school but I just needed to make sure that he has mature and developed socially the way he needs to for school. Sometimes being a parent is so hard. We are always wanting the best, trying to give the best, and make the best decisions for our children. I will admit is a difficult job to make sure that you as a parent are always focused on what the "best" is for our your children! Despite the stress and the challenges, I love being a MOM and would not change my role.
Mace has started his new VA job and is currently going through orientation. So far so good!
We have also changed the layout and design of our "future addition" so we are back to the square one with that as we are having to start all over again with new drawings and new designs so we are now going to be further behind in the process. We are hoping to get started within the next several months but it will just depend on how fast we can get the new plans, how fast we can get the estimates, how long the bank process takes, and how many bumps we come across in the road. So I guess that about sums up our last couple of weeks. I promise to upload some new pictures soon! Hope everyone is doing good and enjoying the end of summer and the beginning of school!!!

No comments: